Health Insurance

Medical insurance is paid 90% by the Town of Aberdeen for all full-time employees, with the remaining 10% paid if employee participates in wellness initiative.  The Town offers FirstCarolinaCare Insurance to all full-time employees and eligible dependents.  Any additional medical coverage for dependent/spouse/family may be either a pre-tax or post-tax payroll deduction.  The coverage is effective thirty days following the date of employment.  For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at 944-1115 or rrosy@townofaberdeen.net or go directly to the FirstCarolinaCare homepage, here.

Each employee can create an account that will allow them to see any claims that have been filed, claims that are pending, and order a replacement ID card.  To create an account click here.  This will take you to the Member Portal on the FirstCarolinaCare website.  Click on "Commercial Member" to begin the process of setting up an account.  Make sure to have the Insurance ID card handy as the member number is needed.   Keep the user name and password safe for future logins.

Cost of Coverage:

Coverage Monthly Rate Bi-Weekly Deduction
Employee $374.14
Spouse
$812.04
$406.02
Child(ren)
$216.21
$108.11
Family
$854.59
$427.30

 

 

       
       
       
      Town of Aberdeen  -  115 N. Poplar Street, Post Office Box 785  -  Aberdeen, NC 28315  -  Phone: 910-944-1115
      Site Map  |  Powered by MunicipalCMS
      0